After going for a few months (several years in kitchen prep time) without a food processor, I can finally say that my kitchen is Food Processor equipped!
To break in my new toy, my man, Chickpea, decided to help out! Inspired by nothing but the season and the chocolate chips hiding in the back of my cupboard, we got to work. In went the pumpkin and the homemade cashew butter, but instead of adding flour, the chickpeas jumped in instead! The food processor didn’t even bat an eyelash.
I folded in the chocolate chips and chilled the dough for awhile to get it to firm up a bit and then into the oven they went. Because they are a little moister and have no flour, they do take a while longer to cook that your average cookie. They are worth the wait, though! I almost burnt my mouth trying one of these beauties as soon as they were out of the oven, but boy, were they worth the pain!
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (1 15oz can will have roughly 1.5 cups, so if using canned, you may need 2 cans. Be sure to rinse and drain them first)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup cashew butter (or other nut butter)
- ½ cup maple sugar (or other vegan sugar, don’t sub with a liquid sweetener)
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup vegan chocolate chips