Tomorrow is National Vegan Pizza Day! Are you as excited as I am?
Because I care about all of you, I want you to get this holiday started off right. For this special day, to make sure you have the proper fuel to get you though the day of eating vegan pizza, and to do National Vegan Pizza Day justice, I’m providing you with the ultimate breakfast pizza.
We all love our tofu scrambles for breakfast, but what do you serve it with? Potatoes? Toast? Well, friend, I’ve got you covered. Let’s put the potatoes in the tofu scramble, because you know you’re going to mix them together once they get on your plate. And instead of boring ol’ toast, let’s pile it up on top of a pizza crust and save everyone the hassle of trying to use a fork to scoop it onto your toast. Then for good measure, let’s put some melty cashew cheese (because it’s pizza and we need some cheese, dang it!), and some greens in there (because we need our vitamins and minerals to be healthy on this day of vegan pizza-eating).
- 3-4 small potatoes, thinly sliced (I used a mandoline)
- 2 cups roughly chopped greens (I used collard greens)
- 1 block of extra firm tofu, drained
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ + 1/8 cup vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon black salt (Kala Namak)
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon tumeric
- several dashes of cayenne pepper
- ¼ – 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/3 recipe pizza dough
- 1 cup vegan mozzeralla-style cashew cheese , shredded
- ¼ cup marinara sauce (optional- I used Trader Joe’s Organic Tomato Basil Marinara)