Double Cream Scalloped Potatoes
Thank you Stonyfield Organics for sponsoring today’s recipe. As always, all opinions are my own.
Raise your hand if you love scalloped potatoes? I mean come on–who doesn’t love creamy cheesy potatoes? I used Stonyfield Smooth & Creamy Double Cream Plain Yogurt to transform your everyday scalloped potatoes into a decadent side dish for your next dinner party. The sauce is so creamy that you don’t need any cheese added to these potatoes. In fact, no heavy cream or sour cream and very minimal butter. Your guest will think they are loaded with all the cheesy goodness, and will have no idea that they are eating yogurt with their potatoes!
- 3 lbs. Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 tablespoon salt + 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 stick unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon dried onions
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups 2% Organic milk
- 1 cup Stonyfield Organic Plain Yogurt Double Cream
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 oz. white cheddar cheese, shredded