Because I have a curious nature, recently I’ve been reading about the Scandinavian tradition called Hygge – pronounced Hoo-Gah. A word that doesn’t quite translate into English except that Scandinavians will tell you it roughly means “cozy atmosphere” or “coziness”.
I’ve always loved the word cozy. In fact, after watching the play Les Miserable at least 20 times, I vowed to name my first daughter Cozette, and call her Cozy for short. That didn’t happen, although now my oldest gal tells me she would have loved that name.
- 1 cup organic chicken or vegetable broth (chicken stock/broth recipe below)
- 1/2 teaspoon Thai green curry paste
- 1-2 lime leaves
- 1 whole chicken carcass/bones (After I roast a chicken and serve it for dinner, I take what's left and make this stock)
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 small head of garlic halved or coarsely chopped (with the skin on and everything, no need to peel)
- 4-5 sprigs fresh oregano (I don't really count the sprigs, I usually just run outside and snip a small handful from my garden)
- 5-6 sprigs fresh thyme (same as above with the thyme)
- Handful of fresh Italian parsley
- 1 dried bay leaf, optional