Tis the season of festive celebrations, meeting friends for a holiday toast, gathering with loved ones from near and far and indulgent tastes that make this time of year so memorable.
When I think of holiday cuisine, the word decadence comes to mind. Food prepared with occasional ingredients and with a bit more effort and time. Although the holidays can be a flurry of activity for me, I adore preparing this pork belly for guests. Once you taste it, you’ll know why it’s worth the extra time and effort.
- 3-4lbs pork belly
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 3-inch thyme sprigs, leaves removed
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Chopped fresh Italian parsley for garnish
- 1 15oz can organic cannellini beans
- ½ teaspoon coarsely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste