Thanks to everyone who came out to Tanaka Farms on Saturday for the Plant Powered OC Vegan Holiday Cooking Demo and Talk. It was a great turnout and we had a super fun time!
A couple of notes about the following recipes. THEY ARE FLEXIBLE! Don't like pecans? Use walnuts. Don't like yellow onions? Use red ones. Don't like cranberries? Use raisins. Don't like wild rice stuffing? No worries, use your favorite stuffing recipe instead. Don't want to put the puff pastry on? Don't! It's all about making food that YOU like. Not me. So have fun with it.
Harvest Butternut Squash and Wild Rice
Stuffing with Cranberries
- 2 cups uncooked wild rice blend
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil
- 1 pound cubed butternut squash (about 3 cups)
- 2 cups diced white or yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 ounces chopped kale (about 2 cups tightly packed)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon