I loved seafood growing up in Japan where there are so many seafood choices. Besides various kinds of fish, one of my favorite ingredients from the ocean are shrimps.
Today I’m sharing a quick and delicious Shrimp Salad recipe made with shrimp, avocado, boiled eggs, and broccoli. These four ingredients have different textures and flavors, yet when you combine them all together, the result is a really nice and creamy flavorful salad.
If you’re familiar with Osozai (お惣菜) or deli in a department store in Japan, this is one of the most popular salads – Broccoli & Shrimp Salad (ブロッコリーと海老サラダ). The recipe is quite simple and ingredients are likely to be in your fridge or pantry.
- 6-7 large shrimp
- ½ Tbsp. corn starch to clean shrimp
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp. sake
- 6 oz (170 g) broccoli florets
- 1 avocado
- 2 eggs
- 1 small cucumber (I use Persian cucumber here)
- 2-3 Tbsp. Japanese mayonnaise (Please click the link to see substitution)
- 1 tsp. milk (or heavy cream or Half & Half*)
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper