Bread Breakfast Recipes
Lavender Brioche French Toast
July 27, 2017
We’re going to take the scenic route to breakfast.
Don’t worry, I do this often in life… usually it’s because I’m stubborn and I don’t like to use the navigation app on my phone.
By way of breakfast, we’re taking the scenic route by first… making a casual loaf of really lovely lavender brioche bread.
- 6 tablespoons butter, plus more for greasing the bowl
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried lavender
- 1 tablespoon (1 package plus 1/2 teaspoon) active dry yeast
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature (2 for the bread, 1 to brush the top)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- canola oil for the work surface
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons lightly packed light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- canola oil for cooking the french toast