California Quinoa Salad – a Whole Foods Market copycat recipe, full of delicious ingredients and super good for you. Simply Delish!
So here I am with another salad recipe again and you might be wondering what’s wrong with me. Where are all the baked goods and desserts? But bear with me here and hear me out. This salad is fabulous! It’s Ah-Mazing!!! It’s out of this world, it’s that good!
And being on my forever quest to get my husband to eat more quinoa, I thought this salad was very appropriate for our dinner tonight. To him, just the thought of quinoa puts him off and would rather not eat a thing. So, as usual, I try and find creative and delicious ways to hide/camouflage quinoa in salads, casseroles, or whatever.
- ½ cup dry quinoa
- 1 cup water, to cook quinoa
- 1 large mango, chopped in small pieces
- ¼ small red onion, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ¾ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¾ cup almond slices or slivers, toasted if preferred
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro, or parsley if you don't like cilantro
- juice from 2 limes
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste