Chicken Enchilada Rice Casserole – all the makings of a chicken enchilada but with rice. It’s simply delicious!
By now I’m sure you’ve figured out that I love my Chicken Enchiladas. It is in fact my favorite Mexican food and it usually is my dish of choice whenever I make it to a Mexican restaurant, which lately is not often. While you can already find many different chicken enchilada recipes here on my blog, in no way does it deter me from coming up with new recipes for chicken enchiladas.
However sometimes my imagination lacks … well, imagination. I mean how many different ways can you roll up a chicken enchilada? But you know the saying I had a dream? I really did have a dream. About chicken enchiladas nonetheless! But not wrapped in a tortilla, but a rice casserole type of dish, with all the ooey gooey flavors of the enchilada.
- 3 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 2 cups dry Basmati rice
- 2 cans (10 oz each) Enchilada sauce (I used Old El Paso)
- 1 can (16 oz) refried beans (I used Old El Paso)
- 1 cup white cheddar, shredded
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 can (11 oz) corn kernel
- cilantro for garnish
- salt and ground black pepper to taste