A savory zucchini and ricotta galette with a super flaky pastry made from scratch in just 5 minutes. Plus a mix of 3 cheeses makes this galette amazing!
There it is! A beautiful and golden savory galette with zucchini and ricotta. I love savory galettes and I love sweet ones as well. But this galette is special, it reminds me of my savory cheese pies which I love so much.
But you know what I’m in love with lately? Roasted minced garlic! I’ve used it before many times, but I’m now loving it even more. I used some in this galette which I mixed with some olive oil and boy that olive oil is gold! I could spread that on bread and eat it just like that.
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour, chilled in the freezer for 30 minutes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces and chill again
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup ice water
- 1 large or 2 small zucchinis, sliced into ¼ inch thick rounds
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tsp roasted minced garlic, fresh garlic works as well
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup (about 1 ounce) grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup (1 ounce) shredded mozzarella
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 egg yolk for brushing