This Chicken Enchilada Quinoa bake is gluten free, packed with protein and loads of cheese. This casserole is a true crowd-pleaser. If you’re a fan of traditional enchiladas, you’ll love this slightly healthier version.
So it’s snowing again. Earlier in the day I was sitting on my deck enjoying the sun warming my face and now it’s snowing. Oh well, I keep pretending it’s summer. It’s bound to get here eventually.
Anywho, I want to talk to you about quinoa and how I feel about it. I have to be honest and say I’m not a huge fan, but I understand it’s good for you. Unlike rice or pasta, it’s gluten-free, it’s high in protein, a great source of riboflavin and helps with weight management. So as you can see it’s kind of like a superfood. And because of these reasons I try and include it in our diet, regardless of how much the hand model hates it.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, white or red (I used red)
- 1 cooked chicken breast, shredded
- ½ can (15 oz can) black beans
- 3 tbsp canned chopped green chiles I used
- 1½ cups enchilada sauce (from 19-oz can) I used Old El Paso
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded