Butterscotch Magic Cake – one very thin simple batter amazingly turns into a 3 layer cake as it bakes. It’s magical!
I love long weekends. In Canada we celebrated Family Day and in the States President’s day. Pretty much all weekend I did nothing but putz around the house, and watched Once Upon a Time on Netflix. I’m obsessed with this show now. If you get Netflix watch it, it’s awesome.
Besides watching Netflix I’ve been answering a lot of questions on making Magic Cake and Chocolate Magic Cake from you my dear and loyal readers. Since I didn’t have step by step pictures with the other two recipes, I thought it was time for another delicious magic cake recipe, and decided upon butterscotch magic cake. I love butterscotch flavor so you can’t go wrong with this flavor. Hopefully I will also answer a lot of your questions here.
- 4 eggs (separate yolks from whites) at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 g (1 cup) brown sugar
- 125 g (1 stick or ½ cup) butter
- 115 g (4 oz or ¾ cup) of all purpose flour
- 500 ml (2 cups) milk lukewarm
- a pinch of salt (optional)
- powdered sugar for dusting cake