Did I ever tell you I hate Mondays?
Well I do! It’s all about waking up early in the morning after sleeping in on the weekend. I keep pressing that snooze button but I know that if I press it one more time I’ll be late for work. I guess this is what happens after having a great weekend, you don’t want it to end. And a great weekend I had.
Part of this great weekend was making this gorgeous cake. Isn’t it pretty? It’s adorable I know. Now I love a good cheesecake and this cheesecake is delicious. The flavors here are amazing, goat soft cheese and lemon, so good. The crust is also amazing because it has ground almonds. And the toppings, oh the toppings are to die for. Fresh figs from the market, pecans and drizzled with honey.
- 8.5 oz (240 g) plain flour
- 7 oz (200 g) butter, coarsely chopped
- 2.8 oz (80 g) ground almonds
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 16 oz (452 g) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 11 oz (300 g) soft fresh goats cheese, at room temperature
- 2.6 oz (75 g) softened butter
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- zest from 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 10 - 12 black figs, cut into quarters
- chopped pecans