This simple Thai chicken salad has incredible flavors – peanuts, mint, honey and lime. Topped with a delicious homemade dressing. Healthy and fresh.
Pretty much all summer long we have been having BBQ for dinner, not that there’s anything wrong with that, but I’m a bit tired of BBQ. Never thought I’d say that, but I just did!
So for a big change, it’s salad night. Yes, a salad, and a most nutritious and super delicious salad at that. So don’t cringe! Work with me here, there’s chicken in this salad, so it’s not all veggies.
- 1 bag of broccoli slaw about (2 or 3 cups)
- 1 cup sliced papaya
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 2 cups baby boy choy, chopped in small pieces (2 small bok choy)
- 1 red chili pepper, diced
- 4 cooked chicken breasts, shredded or cut in small pieces
- ¼ cup chopped mint
- ½ cup peanuts or slivered almonds
- juice from 2 limes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- a pinch of red pepper flakes