It’s been such a stressful week for us as we’ve been searching for houses and coming up empty. It seems to be a seller’s market and if anything good comes on it’s gone in a couple days. So how do I deal with stress, well probably like a lot of people, with food, and what’s more comforting than a delicious plate of pasta.
But wait! Not just any plate of pasta, but a cheesy chicken pasta. And you know what’s so great about these dishes, you don’t really need a recipe. Like any good chef will tell you, a good recipe is cooking without a recipe. So that’s what I did here. I looked in my fridge and grabbed what I had and made this awesome dinner. For you my friends, I will give you my recipe, so you yourselves can duplicate this.
- 1 lb of bow tie pasta, or any kind of pasta you have in your pantry
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, chopped in small 1 inch pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped white mushrooms (about 6 or 7 big ones)
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 large can whole tomatoes (28 oz), I chopped mine up, or you can use crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded