Magic Cake – one simple thin batter, bake it and voila! You end up with a 3 layer cake, magic cake.
Magic Cake! Where do I begin? I started out very skeptical when I saw this cake on foodepix.com. The name intrigued me at first. I had to click to see the recipe just to see why this cake is called magic cake, because there really is no such thing. Unfortunately the recipe was in another language, but there’s always google translator, the only problem is you know you always lose something in the translation. But not to worry, it was enough for me to realize why this cake is called magic cake.
- 4 eggs (separate yolks from whites) at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 g (3/4 cup) sugar
- 125 g (1 stick or ½ cup) butter, melted
- 115 g (4 oz or ¾ cup) of all purpose flour
- 500 ml (2 cups) milk lukewarm
- powdered sugar for dusting cake