I love making cinnamon rolls and I make them quite often, but my husband is not a big fan of cinnamon. So I kept thinking of making these rolls with a different filling. He likes chocolate so why not chocolate. They have to be just as good if not better. I also had some blueberries so I thought the addition of blueberries would make these rolls a novelty.
These rolls are scrumptious, delicious, they simply make you want to eat more and more. By the way if you don’t finish them all in one sitting, refrigerate them and when you want one, just pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds and that’s just enough to melt the chocolate again to make these rolls gooey and yummy.
- 1 (2¼ tsp) package active dry yeast
- ¾ cup milk, warmed up
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4¼ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup sugar
- 1½ sticks of unsalted butter (12 tbsp), softened and cut into pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup blueberries
- chocolate syrup (optional)