Strawberry Tiramisu Trifle – strawberries, chocolate and mascarpone and pudding cream. Enough said.
Even here in Calgary the weather is warming up though it could still snow here. One year it snowed in June, and I’ve heard of snow in July here. However, I’m hopeful and optimistic. No matter what, I love this time of year. Trees are budding, the grass is getting greener, it’s beautiful.
My favorite thing though about summer coming is all the fruits and my favorite summer fruit are strawberries. I love to bake with them, I love to eat them fresh and I love to use them in cocktails. My latest strawberry cocktail is a strawberry mojito. If you’ve never had one, you should.
- 1 quart (4 cups) fresh strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- 2 cups instant coffee, or brewed coffee, room temperature
- 2 cups cool whip
- 1 package (3 ounces) ladyfingers
- 6 oz bittersweet chocolate, grated or shaved