A long time ago when we lived in southern Ontario, we used to go to Mexican Town in Detroit a lot. It was one of our favorite places to go on the weekend. There you’ll find some of the best Mexican food in the world and my favorite of all, the best margaritas. It was like a vacation every weekend, it was our getaway.
Some of my favorite things to eat were chicken enchiladas, flaming fajitas and the fresh tamales. The atmosphere was amazing, you truly felt like you were in Mexico. That’s when I developed my passion for Mexican food and I try and make it at home whenever I miss those Mexican flavors.
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups shredded or chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1½ cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1½ cups sour cream
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 6 8 inch flour tortillas
- 2 cups store bought salsa
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley for garnish