This Grilled Chicken Shawarma with Fennel Spinach Tzatziki Sauce is full of spices and fresh herbs.
We’re at the peak of summer grilling and by this time of year, I’m looking for new grilling ideas. My kids will try just about anything, so I was pleasantly surprised when one of my boys spotted a recipe for Chicken Shawarma and asked if I was going to make it. Apparently, he’d tried it while he was at college this past year. I love the fact that my kids have started to experiment on their own at college and try different foods.
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, grated
- wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 2 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 small bulb fennel, outer layers removed, cored and finely chopped
- salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- gluten-free tortillas or pita bread, optional