This Red Curry Coconut Noodle Soup comes together quickly and is perfect for a light lunch or dinner.
Red Curry Coconut Noodle Soup
One of the things I like about Pinterest is that it serves as a visual index, making it easy to find recipes I want to try. I have a board titled Asian Soup Noodles and one recipe that I pinned was for a Veggie Laksa. Whenever I go to a Southeast Asian restaurant and crave soup noodles, I order a bowl of something similar. I’m not sure it’s a laksa, but it tastes of coconut milk, red curry paste and lemongrass. The recipe I pinned had only a few ingredients, simply red curry paste, coconut milk, water, vegetables, noodles and fresh basil.
- 1 teaspoon flavorless oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 stalk lemongrass, trimmed, peeled, tender part smashed
- 1 piece ginger, about the size of a quarter, smashed
- 2 cups bok choy, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 pound shirataki noodles, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup silken tofu, cubed
- a dash of gluten-free soy sauce or fish sauce