Peanut Butter, Banana and Cinnamon Muffins
What this blog really really needs (other than a different author/cook) is yet another muffin recipe. I know, I know, I've made promises to myself to stop making muffins until I use up the dozens that are languishing at the bottom of my freezer, but I have a problem, OK? I should probably seek therapy. MUST. MAKE. MUFFINS. I can't stop.
But these are REALLY REALLY good. The only thing that might make these even better is a cup of semi sweet chocolate chips, a stroke of brilliance that didn't occur to me until the muffins were already in the oven. But, unfortunately I won't ever be able to try that, because I am hereby making a solemn promise to myself to stop making muffins! I mean it this time. Really! (Gosh, it's hard to type with your fingers crossed).
Peanut Butter Banana Muffins with Crumb Topping
- Peanut Butter, Banana and Cinnamon Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups bran flakes cereal
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup banana, mashed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup chopped dates (or nuts, or chocolate chips)
- Crumb Topping
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Stir together the milk and bran flakes and let stand for a few minutes.
- In another bowl whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon).
- Heat peanut butter and butter in microwave for 60 seconds. Pour into flour along with bran flake mixture and the banana, brown sugar and egg. Stir until just combined.
- Mix in dates and spoon into prepared muffin tin.
- Mix together all Crumb Topping ingredients until crumbly and divide amongst the muffins.
- Bake at 400F for about 20 minutes or until the muffins pass the toothpick test.
- Posted by
- 7:33 AM