This Blood Orange Martini is made with a few unexpected liqueurs and it’s FANTASTIC!
Until today, I’ve never had a blood orange in my life. But apparently they’re all the rage on food blogs this winter. I’m happy to say I finally found a couple at my local market so I grabbed a few to see what the hype is all about. I don’t know if it was just my oranges or not, but they tasted a bit more tart than regular oranges. But look how beautiful they are inside!
First I thought I’d like to make my favorite Pomegranate Martini with blood orange juice instead of pomegranate juice, but then I came across an interesting sounding recipe on the internet that had pear vodka, limoncello, ginger liqueur and blood orange juice. BINGO! I had all those ingredients so out came my cocktail shaker to give it a try.
- 1 shot pear vodka (I used Absolute)
- ½ shot limoncello (I used my homemade limoncello )
- ½ shot ginger liqueur (I use Canton)
- 1 - 1½ shots fresh squeezed blood orange juice
- ¼ shot simple syrup (you may not need this if you like a less sweet drink)
- Opt. ½ shot club soda (or try SanPellegrino Limonata)