Creating a delicious and perfect-from-the-oven Chocolate Oatmeal Bar has never been easier!
Sometimes life just calls for ooey-gooey-falls-apart-in-your-mouth chocolate bars.
I may be on the minority, but I tend to prefer a slightly under-done bar… one that is best eaten with a spoon.
One that is amazing on its own but even better when friends and family can join together around the baking pan with fork in hand.
Have you ever done that? Just let the kids dig in with a fork? It is a bonified memory-maker… one of those things that the kids never forget and will definitely ask for again!
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips