I have finally perfected the perfect chocolate cupcake! This will be your new favorite!
This has been a literal labor of love! I have tested recipes from every major recipe source and have not been able to find the one I considered to be perfect. My ideal recipe is one that is perfectly domed, that has the right amount of chocolate, that has a light and moist crumb.
This. Is. It.
As you can see, I am having a hard time containing my excitement.
Not only is this the perfect chocolate cupcake, but I think I have found the perfect chocolate frosting. Let me tell you a little bit about why: this is a cream cheese based chocolate frosting which is a perfect compliment to a rich and decadent chocolate cupcake. You get a slightly enhanced (amplified) chocolate flavor with the frosting that is then paired with a natural and pure chocolate cupcake.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick or 115g) unsalted butter
- 2 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (115g) sour cream, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (42g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup (95g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate (chips or chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks or 345g) unsalted butter
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups (250g) confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup (30g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4-5 tablespoons brewed hot coffee