This is the best Chocolate Zucchini Cake, ever. Totally moist, full of amazing flavor, and destined to be your go-to recipe!
And while I did add poured chocolate ganache AND piped chocolate ganache… the truth is that this cake really doesn’t need any frosting at all.
All on its own it’s full of rich chocolate flavor and a delicate and glorious crumb.
In spite of its stand-alone amazingness, I went a step further. Well, a couple steps further.
I added not only a beautiful poured ganache but a whipped ganache!
- 1/2 cup (113g or 8 tablespoons) butter
- 1/2 cup (99g) vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 (347g) cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (100g) large eggs
- 1/2 cup (113g) buttermilk
- 2 1/2 (298g) cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 (64g) cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (30g) hot coffee (or espresso)
- 3 cups (about 450g) shredded zucchini
- 3/4 cup (130g) chocolate chips
- 1 cup (225g) whipped cream
- 2 cups (350g) semi-sweet chocolate chips