One of the fondest memories of our youth is birthdays. More specifically, the very special birthday cake that mom made for you.
One thing I can remember very fondly from my childhood is Rainbow Chip frosting on my yellow cake. There was something so darn amazing about those little rainbow pieces scattered all throughout the frosting!
Mini Rainbow Cookie Cake
Did you know that Rainbow Chip frosting went away? Off the market. Not able to be purchased anywhere. No longer available.
Upon finding out some people would just cry all the tears. But other people would take action!
- 1 cup (2 sticks or 226g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups (188g) confectioner’s sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups (313g) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Purple Food Coloring