Making cake into a loaf is a form of mind trickery for me.
I have always associated a ‘loaf’ as somewhat healthy, not awesomely rich and sweet. Like banana or zucchini bread.
So after I had made this cake, even knowing every wonderful ingredient I had put into it, I still saw that same only loaf in my mind. I treated it like it was a run-of-the-mill bread.
This is not a run-of-the-mill loaf. It is a full on CAKE. A wonderful and delicious chocolate loaf cake.
Which I am sure the average person is able to determine in a matter of seconds as is not weird like me.
- 1 2/3 cup (200g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (50g) cocoa
- 1 1/3 cup (275g) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 sticks (175g) unsalted butter, room temp.
- 2 large eggs, room temp.
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (80ml) sour cream, room temp.
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup (125ml) coffee, warm
- 1 cup (175g) semisweet morsels