I walked away from my stand mixer while making buttercream. I walked over to my computer to check an ingredient and got sucked into a facebook rabbit hole of opinions and drama and insanity. Please tell me I am not the only one who does this?!
And seven minutes later I realized my mixer was furiously whipping butter and sugar into a awesomely light and sweet frosting.
I mean, I know I did not invent this technique. (Heck, I have done it before with whipped chocolate buttercream!) Everyone and their grandma (literally, my great-grandma did this, only by HAND) has done it. But I do not have a whipped vanilla buttercream recipe on my blog so HERE YOU GO.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 32 ounces (4 cups) confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons 2% or whole milk
- pinch salt