I already have one red velvet fudge recipe on my site, and while it is delicious, it is completely different from this recipe. (and I can proudly say that both of these recipes are original!)
This one is easier (much, much easier). Plus it’s got real red velvet flavor, real ingredients, and is real pure awesomeness.
It came about quite by accident really. I was scrolling pinterest and came upon a fudge recipe with store bought frosting and a bag a chocolate chips. I personally can’t stomach store bought frosting so I dismissed it. But then it occurred to me… why can’t I use my original Red Velvet Buttercream recipe and mix it with chocolate?
- 4 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 1 one-ounce bottle Red McCormick® food coloring
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 (12-ounce) bag of milk chocolate chips or 12 ounces good quality chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder - optional