It’s January 2nd (my mom’s birthday, Happy Birthday Mom!) and I am craving summer. Not for the reasons you may imagine, mind you. But the flavors. The light, warm, refreshing flavors of summer.
As much as I love the comforting aroma’s of pumpkin and spice, or the biting coolness of mint, or even the rich decadence of all things red velvet… I can’t help but crave the light citrusy tang of lemon.
Strawberries go about about $5 a container at my local grocery store and lemons are $1 each! Since I didn’t win the lottery recently, I splurged and got just one lemon.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. coarse salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp lemonjuice, divided
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup strawberry jam or preserves
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk