Hi all! Any special Valentine’s Day plans yet? We usually don’t do anything all that special for Valentine’s Day around here, but I do usually make special treats for the kids and I usually try to prepare a special dinner, that I know everyone will LOVE.
An extra special breakfast is the perfect way to start Valentine’s Day or any day for that matter! Not only are these pancakes SUPER festive for your sweetie, but they’re also SUPER nutritious! The bright red hue comes from the one and only….. beets.
- ¼ cup beet puree (to make beet puree- roast a small beet (wrapped in foil) for 60 mins at 400 F and then puree in a food processor)
- ½ cup cottage cheese (yogurt would probably work too)
- ¾ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (any milk or water will work)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 heaping tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp pure honey (local, if possible) (optional)
- 1 cup pancake mix (I use Kodiak Cake Mix.)
- Toppings; such as fruit, maple syrup, and powdered sugar