During the winter months, I find myself constantly craving comfort food. Who’s with me on this? One of my all time favorite comfort foods is lasagna. I especially love how easy it is to incorporate whatever flavor you’re in the mood for.
Here are some different lasagna recipes on the blog…..
Butternut Squash Chicken Lasagna
This particular lasagna is more of a traditional lasagna, but you don’t have to worry about heating up the kitchen or waiting for it to cook when you get home from work….this one will already be ready.
- 1 lb. ground meat of preference (I used lean ground turkey.)
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 container (15 oz.) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup chopped frozen spinach, thawed and drained (use a dish towel to wring out all excess water)
- 1 jar (26 oz.) spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup water
- 6-7 whole wheat no boil lasagna noodles, uncooked