I’m totally cheating.
Like super cheating. I’m only telling you about FIVE ingredients today – five ingredients in my favorite salad. A salad that can be lettuceless too, which is even better.
At least, five star ingredients. Buying it?
Boom. One two three four five.
Okay, maybe a few extra ingredients. There is a dressing. My crazy favorite salad dressing, slightly adapted from one in my cookbook and while it pairs fantastically with this greek salad, it works on all salads. All salads! Make a big batch and keep it in your fridge.
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced or pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 seedless cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives, some sliced if desired
- 8 ounces feta
- whole wheat pita
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 package (2 1/4 teaspoons) active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus extra for your workspace/kneading
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- canola oil for brushing