Rainbow Chocolate Chip Vanilla Cupcakes
Hello everyone! I’m super happy to be partnering with iHerb once again for today’s post. All opinions are, as always, my own.
Cupcakes! Who doesn’t like them? I know I’m mostly a savoury gal myself, but I cannot resist these little beauties when I see them looking all pretty, with their colourful frosting and rainbow sprinkles. Wouldn’t you like to grab one? (or seven wink wink).
The problem with cupcakes, is that more often than not, they’re made with not the healthiest ingredients out there. Loads of sugar, a ton of butter and who knows what else! Plus, they’re usually filled with gluten and dairy, so they’re not always suitable for those of you suffering from allergies. I’d been toying with the idea of creating some really wholesome cupcakes™, so when I saw these new ColorKitchen Vegan Food Coloring and Sprinkles, I knew I had to make them happen.
- 300 grams Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Flour
- 180 grams coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 200 grams coconut milk
- 50 grams coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. Simply Organic Ceylon Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- 100 grams Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
- For the frosting:
- 150 grams Dastony Coconut Butter
- 20 grams coconut milk
- 100 grams sugar
- 1/4 tsp. ColorKitchen Pink Frosting
- 1/4 tsp. ColorKitchen Yellow Frosting
- 1/4 tsp. ColorKitchen Blue