I’m very particular about my pasta.
It has to be perfectly cooked. That’s number one.
Number two is that it needs to be damn good.
Although those two requirements seem like pretty obvious expectations, let me tell you—they’re rarely met. That came off really snooty didn’t it? The truth is, I just get a disproportionate amount of pleasure eating good food. Luckily, I don’t think cheap food and snootiness can be paired together, so I think I’m safe. Pasta is definitely cheap and completely soothes my soul.
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Red Chili Flakes
- 6 Garlic Cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 16 ounces Fettuccine Pasta
- 2 Fresh Tomatoes, cut into big chunks
- 1 handful of Fresh Basil, chopped, and a tad extra to top the finished pasta
- 28 ounces Crushed San Marzano Tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Sea Salt
- 2 cups of good Parmesan, grated (My favorite is Sarvecchio Parmesan)