Sweet and savory, deliciously easy, and melty cheese! This apricot chicken and cheddar croissant is just perfect for a simple fall meal.
I have to be honest—I mean I did decide to name my blog “Honest and Tasty” after all. I don’t really like my sweet with my savory. I know. This is a sweet and savory recipe post and I’m totally crazy and horrid and should be ashamed of myself.
But it’s true. I secretly hate chocolate covered pretzels and I can’t talk about it in my real life because people will get all judgy and tell me things like I can’t be their friend anymore.
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 ½ pounds Chicken Tenders
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Red Chili Flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons White Vinegar
- ¾ cup Apricot Preserves
- 1 big handful of Dried Apricots (approximately 10)
- Some good Cheddar Cheese, a few thick slices per croissant (I like Cabot brand and I get it from Trader Joe's)
- 4 Croissants