This mint limeade fizz is refreshing, citrusy, bubbly, and most definitely the drink of the summer!
A few months ago, I was on vacation and on our last night we had dinner at THE hot spot in town. Okay, nothing I ate at this dinner could touch any food I had on the street or at any small local family joint the whole time we were there.
Why is it that the hottest restaurants in town always seem to be the most disappointing? Just the term “hottest” should’ve steered me away; it’s too pretentious and weird sounding to me, and like there should be a red rope, celebrities, and then me about 4 blocks down at the Alberto’s for the 2-for-1 tacos.
- 1 cup Sugar
- ½ cup Water
- ¼ cup to ½ cup Rich Simple Syrup (depending on how tart or sweet you like your limeade)
- 1 cup Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice (juice of 5 to 9 limes, depending on juiciness)
- 4 cups (32 ounces) Carbonated Water
- Zest of 1 Lime
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 Lime, sliced into very thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon of thinly sliced Mint Leaves (~20 large mint leaves)
- Optional: Crushed Ice for serving