This Candy Cane Cookies recipe is a family-favorite cookie that creates sweet holiday memories. Made from a simple cookie dough recipe, with plenty of festive peppermint flavor, the colorful dough is twisted to look like a real candy cane. Always a favorite at Christmas parties and cookie exchanges.
This post is brought to you in partnership with REAL® Seal. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
When I was little, there were only two cookies that I vividly remember my mom making for Christmas. One was Russian Teacakes and while I certainly didn’t turn them down, they weren’t my favorite. But there was one cookie that my mom made for Christmas that I loved: Candy Cane Cookies.
- 1 cup real butter (with the REAL® Seal)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 egg
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Red food coloring gel
- 2 tablespoons finely crushed peppermint candies
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar