Happy St. Patrick’s Day. How about starting the day with a yummy green smoothie packed full of stuff that’s not only tasty but good for you too.
If you’re making this smoothie for the kids, leave out the ginger (or only add a tiny piece) and consider making it with apple juice or adding more fruit to make it a bit sweeter.
enough fresh water for consistency you want
Put the spinach in your blender and fill about half way up with fresh water, then blend until smooth, adding more water to get the consistency you want to drink. Once you have it blended, add the diced pear, ginger root, and ¼ cup mint leaves. Blend, add more water if necessary, and taste. Add more mint if you like, then blend until frothy. Serve immediately. Will make 1 serving and is easily doubled.
- 6 cups of baby spinach, washed
- enough fresh water for consistency you want
- 1 pear, core remove and diced
- 1 inch piece of ginger root, peeled and chopped
- ¼ to ½ cup fresh chopped mint leaves