if chocolate is what you’re craving, look no further than this brownie bottom french silk pie
My mother-in-law is famous for many things. Her love of gardening. Her sewing room FULL of baby blankets and now taken over by aprons. Her giant binder containing every recipe she has ever seen and then clipped. And her french silk pie.
There have been fights over her french silk pie. It doesn’t matter how many other pies are on the table, and trust me there are plenty, everyone wants a piece of the french silk. Well everyone but this non-chocolate lover. I never have to fight for my apple or berry pie.
- for the crust -
- 1 recipe of brownies ( homemadeor a box mix)
- for the filling -
- 4 ounces of dark chocolate (at least 60% cacao) i use the ghirardeli 72% melted and cooled
- 1 cup (2 sticks of butter) at room temperture
- 1 1/2 cups super fine baking sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 large eggs, cold
- for the whipped cream topping -
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- shaved chocolate