Can we all just agree that avocados are just the best things ever? I still don’t love to just sit and eat them with a spoon, but when you add them to salads or whip them up in skinny avocado margaritas or, of course, make guacamole with them? I’m all over that! Plus they’re all good for us and stuff, which means you really can’t go wrong with them. OH! And I forgot to mention that I think they’re just SO PRETTY on the inside – the colors are just so beautiful and welcoming. They’re like a walking analogy for not judging beauty by the cover, you know?
(P.S. Have you checked out the review + giveaway on FitnessGlo? I really can’t imagine anyone who wouldn’t love this site!)
So avocados – good stuff. You know what else is really good? BACON!
- I now have the pleasure of working with Petit Jean meats and recently got a box of amazing product, their incredible peppered bacon being one of my favorite things ever. It’s thick cut and not too fatty, perfect for crisping up and putting in a salad. You don’t need a ton to get plenty of the fabulous flavor, and it pairs so perfectly with the rest of the ingredients! Smoky, spicy, creamy, Ranch-y (yes, that’s a thing). While I piled mine high on a big bed of spinach, you could always stuff this chicken salad in a bun or wrap as well and it would be equally delicious!
- CHICKEN TACO RANCH SALAD WITH BACON, AVOCADO AND CORN
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices peppered bacon, cooked til crisp and chopped
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp prepared Ranch dressing
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1/2 ripe avocado, diced