Roasting tomatoes is kind of one of my favorite things ever, and you know who I have to thank for that?
- Roasting tomatoes is kind of one of my favorite things ever, and you know who I have to thank for that?
- The one, the only…Rachel Ray. That’s right kids! She made roasting the heck out of tomatoes just so…so…romantic.
- I don’t know. I don’t have a way to explain myself, but honestly one day I was watching 30 Minute Meals and Rach (we’re on an abbreviated first name basis) started chatting about how roasting grape tomatoes until they burst makes them extra yummy and, well, just plain sexy. And sexy yummy food? I’m in.
- I’ve been on a mission lately to use up everything in our pantry and quinoa is one of those things that we just don’t use a lot of. But when it comes to a nesting pregnant woman and a need to use up all pantry items…nothing is safe.
- Not even quinoa.
- I wasn’t sure what to make of these guys while I was making them; they’re kind of one of those things that could either turn out great or be a total disaster. Luckily I’m happy to say that they turned out fantastic and now I’m kind of probably going to go to the store to purchase more quinoa. Since, you know, I used all of mine up. Oops.
- TOMATO BASIL QUINOA CUPS
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (I cooked mine with a bit of olive oil and garlic for flavor)
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 oz. shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper