Here’s a fact for you: Texans love ranch. And since I’m a Texan I think I would know.
I just figured that it was a United States thing…I mean, who in their right mind wouldn’t eat ranch on french fries, pizza, mozzarella sticks, and other varied fabulously fried foods?
Then I moved to Colorado. And got the weirdest stares when I asked for ranch on the side with my nachos and pizza. You would have thought I’d turned purple and farted out loud.
Yes, I just said “farted” on the blog. What of it?
- 3-4 very ripe avocados, pit removed and flesh scooped out
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (I prefer using Greek yogurt to sour cream most of the time, although I would say that in this recipe they are interchangeable. Just use what you have!)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2-3 cloves fresh garlic, minced very finely or grated on a microplane
- 1 bunch chives (about 1/4 cup chopped)
- 1 bunch parsley (about 1/4 cup chopped)
- 3-4 sprigs fresh dill (about 1 Tbsp chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Worchestershire sauce
- 1-2 Tbsp pickle juice (just trust me…you want this)
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste