Since I’ve been hiding away working on my oatmeal book, I thought I better put up a new recipe to let you know I haven’t abandoned you.
Just to update you on my new book, Oat-rageous, the first edits are done and it is being copyedited as you read this and Kate Lewis is taking the photos for it. I can hardly wait until I can tell you more about it.
The soup I have for you today is simple and you probably have the ingredients for it in your pantry right now. I used dry beans in my version of the soup but you could just as easily use a can of pre-cooked beans that you drain and rinse. It was perfect during the snow storms that hit us last week, but I love soup anytime.
- 1 ½ cup dry cannellini beans (or other white bean like navy or great northern)
- 8 cups vegetable broth (or water with 2 veggie bouillon cubes)
- 1 ½ cup diced carrots (about 3 medium carrots)
- 1 cup diced sweet potato (about 1 small or ½ a large)
- 1 (14.5 oz/411 g) can diced tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon ground rosemary (or 2 inch sprigs fresh)
- salt and pepper, to taste