Snowmageddon disappointed me. It was a few hours of light snow mixed with some sleet, but it didn’t stick here in Durham like I hoped. That means that I’m at work today instead of conducting slow cooker bread experiments and sitting in front of the fire while it’s cooking. I even had my green owl fleece pajamas set out in hopes of a snowy day in.
Oh well, maybe I’ll get a snow day before winter is over. At least I have a hot mug of sugar cookie tea with homemade nut milk. A good cup of tea can be almost as wonderful as sitting in front of the fireplace.
- 1 cup sweet potato, diced
- 1 cup dried yellow eyed beans
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon veggie bouillon
- 1 (2 inch) sprig fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cups chopped greens
- 1 to 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (leave out if your bouillon has yeast in it already)
- a few drops liquid smoke, optional
- a few drops garlic Tabasco, optional
- salt and pepper, to taste