Still picking zucchini and summer squash out of your garden? Here’s one more way to serve it up and it’s super easy! The best part – it cooks in your rice cooker so you can sit on your deck and enjoy fall while it’s cooking!
Perfectly cooked brown rice seasoned with Mexican herbs and spices makes a great base for any meal. Add a can of drained and rinsed black beans to make it a complete meal. The best part is it cooks in your rice cooker. That way you can sit on your deck or do a few chores while it cooks.
- 2 cups long grain brown rice (use the measure that came with your rice cooker!)
- water filled to the 2nd line in your rice cooker
- 2 cups shredded mixed summer squash
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper, to taste