This oatmeal is not based on the super fancy French macaroons. I grew up with macaroon cookies that were big piles of moist coconut that sometimes had almonds or chocolate chips in them.
It has a bold and soothing flavor plus it’s easy to throw together in the slow cooker when you think you just can’t do one more thing before you go to bed!
Slow Cooker Almond Macaroon Oatmeal
2 to 3 servings
**This recipe uses a smaller slow cooker that’s 1 1/2 to 2 quarts
1/2 cup steel-cut oats
2 cups Unsweetened So Delicious") Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup steel-cut oats
- 2 cups Unsweetened So Delicious Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup finely shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 – 2 tablespoons sweetener (I used agave)
- Slivered almonds and extra coconut for topping