Is it weird that the entire time I was enjoying this bowl of quinoa salad I was thinking of Smokey the bear ?
Only you can prevent forest fires…
Oh my gosh, blast from the past.
But this recipe isn’t about bears, or forest fires, or PSA’s from 1950, sorry to disappoint.
This recipe is about smoky dressing that pairs nicely with quinoa, beans, and is great heated up, too.
It has a smokey BBQ flavor with a slight kick at the end.
If smokey the bear could pick his favorite dressing, I think he’d choose this one.
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup unpasteurized honey or agave nectar *see note
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoon onion
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free mustard
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Herbamare
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- dash of freshly ground pepper